This information can help you avoid unauthorized climbs by organizers along with the risk of getting apprehended by authorities and getting overcharged by the organizers. My friend Kat Ocol recently visited the Baco tourism office and they have just released a new set of rules and regulations.
1. Mt Halcon is open for climbing from FEBRUARY 1 to MAY 31 of each year ONLY.
I hope the wide space accentuated rule #1.
3. Ratio of mountaineers to guides is 7:1. You may get additional guides if needed
4. Cost of guide/porter is 500 per head per day
5. A limit of 15 kg of will be carried by both mountaineer and guides/porters (tourism will weigh everyone's bags before you hike)
6. In relation to #4 logging in at the police station AND the tourism office is MANDATORY.
"The tourism office is well aware of the backdoor climbs that have been happening for the past years and they already have the names of the organizers who have been bypassing the laws and charging their clients very high rates just to get to the dive board, ergo, i am pretty much sure this is bad news for some. for more info, please read the attached scanned copies of the laws in the topic."
PS: if you have concerns or if you want to book your climb scheds, message Baco Tourism. they will be posting the climb rates and the new laws (hopefully) soon. for now, please share.